Free Y Membership.
* Facilitates socialization, participating and interaction of all participants through active involvement in safe, fun and developmentally appropriate activities in a licensed preschool child care program; provides adaptations based on individual needs and utilizes positive behavior guidance techniques with participants.
* Implements developmentally appropriate program curriculum and coordinates supplies for designated program(s).
* Assists in ensuring program operates within budget and follows business service policies and procedures.
* Knows and understands child care programs, department policies and emergency procedures and is able to clearly explain said information to members.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with Wisconsin Pre-Kindergarten licensure required.
* At least 6 months related experience as a teacher in a licensed preschool or early childhood education center required.
* Knowledge of general child growth and development, learning theories, and developmentally appropriate activities for children required.
* Knowledge of state licensing, city accreditation and YoungStar rules and requirements preferred.
* Requires ability to professionally and effectively communicate with members, staff and supervisors; maintain confidentiality and exchange accurate information.
* Must possess reliable transportation for travel when required.
* Must possess and maintain with the indicated time frame:
* CPR/AED and First Aid training within 30 days of start date.
* Y Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, Bloodborne Pathogens, Epi Pen, and Shaken Baby Syndrome training within 60 days of start date.
Physical Abilities and Working Conditiions
* Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children's activities both indoors and outdoors.
* Requires the ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, repetitive actions, cardiovascular exertion, performing and maintaining aerobic exercise, full body movement (bending, kneeling, stretching, reaching, jumping, jogging, dancing, etc.).
* Must be willing and able to participate in water during aquatic activities.
* May required the ability to lift, carry and load equipment, furnishings and program supplies up to 50 pounds.
Associated topics: child, daycare, early, infant, kindergarten, pre kindergarten, preschool, preschool assistant teacher, preschool teacher, toddler